Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More Hypocrisy in the News:

I am laughing my friggin ass off over here.

A movie called Hounddog made it's debut at the Sundance Film Festival this week. In it 12-year-old Dakota Fanning plays a young woman of about the same age. In one scene she is violently raped.

Ok, I'll admit, I raised an eyebrow for about half a second. Admittedly, it might be kind of heavy material for a 13 year old to be dealing with but, call me an optimist, I'm fairly confident that Ms Fanning was in fact properly counseled by her guardians and the producers of the film and that she's probably pretty ok with it. I mean, she played Lilo from Lilo and Stich and she doesn't appear to believe she's a cartoon character so I think she can separate her self from her roles.

So what's so funny? Here's the punchline: apparently the Catholic League is calling for a Federal investigation into the making of the film. They feel that even acting out a rape scene is unsuitable for a 12-year-old girl and that the Feds should step in on this.

I guess it's only ok if its a 12-year-old boy and the person doing the raping is a priest. Remember, these are the same champions of justice who secretly moved several pedophile priests to other parishes to keep them from being investigated.

My mother still wonders why I won't go to church.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Pittchick said...

I think government is the last place we should go to look for help on anything!

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Chlamydia said...

That's a good point. I don't know which is worse the hypocrisy of the catholic church calling for an investigation into pedophilia or that they're asking the federal government to do it. FIDO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home