Friday, July 07, 2006

My dog cracks me up!

Kuma loves to chase squirrels. Rabbits are even better but there just aren't as many of them and mule deer are the best of all, but they're only in Texas. So squirrels get the brunt of Kuma's aggression.

A lot of times I've wondered what exactly he'd do if he actually caught one --kill it? Eat it? Who the hell knows... but one thing I learned today is that whatever it is it probably won't be good.

I was walking Kuma off leash this morning and as we rounded the corner there was a squirrel munching away on a big old mushroom (never mind that I thought they were poisonous). Kuma looks at me for permission to case and I told him to go ahead and so he charges at the squirrel and chases it up the nearby tree.

The Squirrel is chattering away with Kuma standing on his hind legs at the bottom of the tree then he turns around and goes back to the mushroom and takes a big ol whiz all over it.

Yes I know I have a sophomoric sense of humor but that totally cracked me up. I just imagine Kuma saying: "Yeah, maybe I didn't catch you but enjoy your mushroom there buddy!"

3 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Pittchick said...

Can I borrow Kuma? I am still at war with the squirrels in my yard and the neighbor dog isn't taking care of them.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger dayoldfish said...

that was too funny

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Chlamydia said...

they don't taste that bad (cue banjo music)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home